How to hang a neon sign is one of the most common quesitons you'll wonder when receiving your neon sign. You can't wait to enjoy the beauty of neon light but don't k now how to hang it in the fastest and safest way? You've come to the right place!Whether you are going to order a led neon sign for your bar, pub, restaurant or look for some stunning decor for your private room, man cave or anywhere, you should learn how to hang it in the right way to decrease the damage to the sign. If your neon sign is a stand design, it's so easy to put it on a stable surface. But if you wanna hang your sign on the wall, let's stay and discover how to hang up a neon sign! Oh just to remind you, have you ordered a custom neon sign yet? Explore: NeonGrand custom neon sign
How To Hang A Neon Sign Without DrillingIf you are wondering how to hang a neon sign in a dorm or how to hang a neon sign in a window, one of the easiest and fastest ways to hang a neon sign without drilling is using our 3M stripes. With this option, you don't need to have a drill or make holes on the wall. Just follow our simple steps:
- Step 1: Determine the wall area you will hang the sign.
- Step 2: Remove your neon sign from the box and turn it over.
- Step 3: Stick 3M stripes to the back of your sign.
- Step 4: Firmly press against the wall
- Step 6: Plug the sign in and chill.
Get more details here:
How To Hang A Neon Sign With DrillingFor a more permanent hanging way, you can use the other two options we recommend:
Option 1: Using Mounting Screws (Drill Required!)
- Step 1: Make pilot holes on the intended wall with a drill.
- Step 2: Add the wall anchors into the holes with a hammer.
- Step 3: Remove the base from the screws.
- Step 4: Pass the screwdriver through the base.
- Step 5: Screw bar through the glass, then tighten with the base.
- Step 6: Finish installation. Plug the sign in and chill.
Option 2: Using our hanging chain
- Step 1: Attach the hook or clip to the hanging hole. Ensure the hook or clip securely attaches to the hanging hole, providing stable support for the neon sign.
- Step 2: Plug the sign in and chill.
For more details, please check the video below:
How To Switch From Mounting To Hanging
We understand that sometimes you place an order but forget to notify us with an extra hanging kit. (Regular order includes mounting kit only). So, if you really want to switch from mounting to hanging, our technician have some notes for you to do in the safest way:
- Pre-drill mounting holes are usually located in the center of the sign while the hole drilled for the hanging chain should be at the edge. Therefore, you will need to drill the hanging holes yourself. Suitable drill bit diameter is 2-3mm.
- There are many types of hang chains on the market that you can find at Amazon, Home Depot, etc... Please choose the one that is suitable for the weight of your sign. (We recommend using hanging chain for about 9-pound weight neon sign.)
- See the video of how to drill a hanging hole here:
- We offer free hanging chain if you request. So if you are unsure about your installation way, let us know and we will provide both mounting kits and hanging chain in the package.
- The above instructions only apply when you really need to switch from mounting to hanging. We regret that we will not offer a warranty if your sign is broken in this process. Please consider carefully before making decision.
That's the answer to your question: how to hang a neon sign. We hope this post will help you easily hang up a neon sign and enjoy it!